The School Building
We have a lovely learning environment for the children.
This consists of:
- 11 enlarged self-contained classrooms – each with up-to-date technology including: touch screen whiteboard; individual notebook computers that each child has access to during the day; access to filtered drinking water and an area for children to hang their PE bags and coats.
- Dedicated Art and Design Technology room
- There are 2 ‘pod’ areas for individual or small group work
- 3 dedicated library areas –guiding reading; fiction and non-fiction
- A hall that is used for Assemblies; PE and to enjoy eating lunch
- An off-site field
Over the last few years, the school’s playground has undergone some transformation. There is a grassed area, which is open in the Spring and Summer Terms when the weather is fine for ball games and general meeting.
A quiet area has been prepared with artificial grass and picnic tables, which allows small groups to sit and play small games such as jacks, marbles etc, as well as enjoying their packed lunches when the weather is warmer.
There is a fenced in area with play equipment that is locked when not in use. Year groups take it in turns daily on a rota system. Children are only allowed on this if they have a signed permission form and are wearing the correct footwear.
The rest of the playground area is zoned and children have the opportunity to play games or ‘hire’ games equipment from school prefects, to use during the breaks.
Entry to the School
All children are to enter the school in the mornings (between 8.40 am – 9 am) by the top gate in White Road. Parents are welcome onto the playground until their children have lined up and have been escorted into the school building. Mr Sears, along with Miss Beer, our Family Liaison Officer and Miss Mansfield are present at the gate to welcome children into school in the morning.
All parents, visitors and pupils who are late (after 9 am) are to enter the school via the main entrance on Glencoe Road. All visitors are asked to sign in and will be issued with a visitor’s badge. Please do not enter the school by any other doors.
Unfortunately, the school does not have any visitor parking on site. All parking is on the roads surrounding the school. Please DO NOT park on the yellow zig-zag lines outside the school gates. We encourage everybody who lives within walking distance of the school to leave the car behind and to walk to school.